Which bot did I do? Azarethroy 12:51, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Haha, oops! Azarethroy 13:24, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Just quickly fixed something in my mail servers. Should be better now. guaka 08:50, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
I cannot get confirmation email on my gmx adress neither, but for hotmail it works fine (I would rather get the emails at gmx...) --Bikepunk 22:09, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- I requested an extra line in DNS (@ TXT v=spf1 a mx ~all) that might resolve this. guaka 22:25, 28 October 2009 (UTC)
- I still never get confirmation email @gmx.com ... Bikepunk 01:17, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, Roy is transferring the couchwiki.org domain to me so that we can change stuff more quickly. Still, it might be another problem, but I want to make sure the DNS is correct first. I'll keep you updated. guaka 23:29, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay guys. I've just emailed Kasper re: transferring the domain to him, so he can make any changes himself. azarethroy (15:51, 10 November 2009 (UTC))
- The transfer came through. I added a field in the DNS that should fix this issue. Let me know if it's better now - or not. guaka 10:10, 9 December 2009 (UTC)
- I still do not get emails at gmx.com :( Bikepunk 18:34, 28 December 2009 (UTC)
blocking those anoying bots ?
as you've seen, from yesterday a nasty bot is "attacking" couchwiki. I "undo"ed as much as possible, but since this bot is changing his IP for each edit, should we block th IPs, he's using ? Bikepunk 05:55, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's possible to block thousands of IPs but I set up reCAPTCHA and no bot edits since then, I think it'll be adequate for now. guaka 10:46, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
What's the go with copying from wikipedia
See community portal for question.
OpenID not working for me - see community tech portal
I tried logging in with my Aol Open ID but it say's it's cancelled. I ticked all the boxes except email for the moment. Is there a problem? I also have a twitter/hotmail accounts. I'm not sure I want them all linked though..... --188.8.131.52 08:59, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
- Hmm, AOL's OpenID might not work properly with MediaWiki OpenID extension. I'll try upgrading to the latest version of the extension (some time) to see if that solves it. Right now I'm only sure that MyOpenID and the WordPress OpenID provider plugin work for me :) guaka 01:35, 27 December 2009 (UTC)
- Same person as above. Still not working. I suppse with the NY period you've been very busy. --184.108.40.206 03:05, 9 January 2010 (UTC)
- Happy to report it works with AIM openid. I'm not sure on my username though? Can I change it? (not asking you to do it yet).
- Cool that it works!
- I don't think it's easy to change usernames in mediawiki... guaka 02:56, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
Community Portal needs your attention.
ref wiki command
Hi guaka. You told me a while ago that you would install an extension to make the ref tags work. Is there any progress on that? I would like to migrate the bw-fact-finding wiki to couchwiki but I need the ref things for this to make sense. Thanks for your help! Saraedum 12:49, 7 November 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, ok, I will try to set it up later this week. guaka 06:19, 8 November 2011 (UTC)
- I emptied the includeonly part of the template for now. http://en.wikivoyage.org/wiki/Template:IsIn might have an anwer... I'll look into that after I manage to do something about the spambots. guaka (talk) 16:21, 24 December 2012 (CET)
relation to BW wiki / your message
Hi Guaka, I hope this is the right place and method to respond. Thank you for recognising my little contribution. You asked what I think of this couchwiki vs. bewelcome wiki. As a disgruntled CS user after the ToU change, I registered with BW and found the local group including the associated BW wiki, so I updated a few things there. With the CS wiki shutdown I became actively aware of Couchwiki, and generally I think the effort of maintaining information should be placed where it benefits most users. So if we document something not specific to a particular hospex network, why not document it on neutral ground and refer to it from everywhere. Likewise, in my contributions to couckwiki I would not try to copy statistic and general purpose data that can be found on wikipedia already, not would I concentrate on classic mass-tourist description of sights, but primarily on the practical aspects of how to get around, how to live on little budget, and interesting stuff to see beyond the main tourist paths. This might also be a distinguisihing feature of couchwiki vs. wikivoyage. Whether the split is worth it depends of course if each wiki has enough momentum to build a document pool that is worth consulting. Looks like the Germany coverage is rather poor, as far as I can tell from the country/land index pages :( --KarlEMuc (talk) 01:10, 19 January 2013 (CET)